by William Cavalier
Finding accurate oil & gas well records is expensive and time consuming. In Texas oil and gas well data, well records and operational reports including well logs and well completion data originate with the Texas Railroad Commission.
If you want the information in (arguably) a more user friendly format you can investigate Drillinginfo.com ($4,000 per year for their basic subscription) and Lasser Data which offers a basic subscription at around $50 per month.
- General Oil and Gas Production Search – You can search by lease, operator, field RRC district or by county.
- Specific Oil and Gas Lease Search – For narrowing the results to one particular lease.
- Oil and Gas Records Search By Wellbore – To locate completion records and technical well information such as well depth, casing size, oil well tests.
- Underground Injection Control Search for Injection Wells and Disposal Wells – To find oil well ID, gas well ID, county, field, oil and gas operator, UCI number, date, API number, top and bottom of injected zone, H1 number, W14 number, H10 well status, permitted fluid, injection type, and other various special conditions.
- Oil and Gas Well Severance Search – To find plugged or wells in a non-compliance state which will be required to be restored to production or plugged.
- P4 Oil and Gas Gatherer Search – To find he approved oil and gas gatherer.
- Gas and Oil Well Proration Search – To find the lease number, lease name, field number, field name, field type, operator number, operator name, number of acres in the unit, gas delivery amount of MCF and Barrels of oil as well as the daily allowable gas and oil production.
- Oil and Gas Operator P5 Search – To find Operator Number, Operator Name, Type of Company, Operator Mailing Address, Oil Operator Phone Number, Amount of Filing Fee, Company Filing Data, Current Operator Status and Operator Expiration Date.
- Well Compliance and Well Status Report – This search will return the following information: lease number, well number, county, type of well, surface cleanup notes, compliance status, plugged or active well, well shut in date as well as the estimated well plugging cost.
- Inactive Well Search – This search will show inactive wells in Texas by operator of record.
- Orphan Well Search – To search for Texas Orphan wells by county, by operator, or by field.
Hat tip to Matt Childers at All Clear Energy. Read the original expanded article on his site.